Prolific Chip under Windows8/8.1 and Windows 10
Although many meters can be connected via an USB cable to the computer, they still need a Windows system driver to be read out. This works like a kind of interpreter for SiDiary: SiDiary speaks with the device, but because it can't understand SiDiary without this driver it does not answer.
Some of these cables or adapters are still working with an old Prolific chip, the PL2303 XA/HXA, for which the manufacturer Prolific does not provide a system driver
for Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10 anymore.
Windows will try in this case to download and install a system driver from the Windows Update, but it won't recognize the cable/adapter correctly.
To enable you to read your meter while using this cable or this adapter, we provide here a generic system driver. This one we have already successfully tested on Windows 10 (64bit).
Please download here the version, which fits to your operating system:
Follow these steps to install it on your system:
- Double click on the downloaded file to start the installation.
- You may receive a message stating that the component '.NET Framework' has to be installed separately. Allow this installation too.
- If a message appears, that you should plug in the device, then plug the cable/adapter into an available USB slot.
- On the end of the installation - as suggested by the installer - run a restart of the computer. The cable/adapter can remain plugged in.
- If the cable/adapter is not detected correctly after a restart, then it was because of the missing component '.NET Framework', which had to be installed first. If this is the case, simply install the driver one more time. After restarting your computer, the cable should be properly recognized.